Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blue Day

In Kindergarten some of the days are color days. On those days you are supposed to wear the appropriate color if possible, they have a color themed snack, etc. Well Abigail's enthusiasm for this color fun has spread to the whole family. We all wear the color of the day (it makes it much easier to pick something out to wear with a specified color criteria), and I have tried to make dinner color-themed as well. This is what I made on blue day....German Oven Pancakes with blue sour cream, blueberries, sausage (didn't mess with the color there, that would be scary) and blue milk.

The weird thing is, it's not all that appetizing--the whole blue food thing. But to the kids it was WAY more appetizing than usual. I think between Abigail and Owen they came pretty darn close to polishing off an entire pie plate of German Oven Pancake, and they both drank more milk than usual.

I guess the lesson is, I should use food coloring more often.

Tomorrow is white day--sounds pretty bland. But rainbow day is Friday!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I can't wait to see what happens on rainbow day! I think I may have the same enthusiasm for colored foods however, since I love red velvet cupcakes now...which is basically chocolate with red food coloring. Yum!

Beebs said...

Hmm, interesting. I am just most impressed that you are being so fun loving and engaging with the colors. You are putting mothers everywhere to shame!

Amanda said...

this is so cute! i love that your whole family gets into it. you are a good mom. this is something pose would love too. i can't WAIT to see what you make for rainbow day! have you heard of rainbow jello?