Thursday, October 14, 2010

Molly Poppins

It could be said that I have oversold one or all of my children in the previous posts. Of course my children aren't perfect. They apply to the laws of nature...for every positive there is an equal and opposite negative. While they can be very charming, smart, funny and obedient some of the time. They are also annoying, dumb, strange and defiant some of the time. But I'm just trying to keep it positive.

But this one....
There's no overselling this one.

Molly. She's got a serious case of the Mary Poppins. She's practically perfect in every way. Cuddly, soft, sleepy, smiley and content.

Oh sure she's been crying lately at strangers, doesn't really take a bottle or a Binky, and she has a massive bald spot on the back of her head...but no sense dwelling on the negative!

I love babies. I now see why my mom pretty much just kept having babies until she basically couldn't have any more babies. Babies are the best thing ever invented.

My mom also used to say that she didn't have favorite children, just favorite stages and ages. I'd have to say I agree. My favorite is definitely babies. Although I may have to come up with a new favorite stage here at some point, otherwise I run the risk of not liking any of my children. Wish me luck.

Here's to Mollipop--my perfect, favorite child (you know, because she's a baby)!

4 comments:

kelsey said...

Man, if you love babies so much, want to raise my babies until they're 12 or 18ish months? That's my least favorite stage (not that I have much other experience, but I've always known I'm not much of a baby lover. They are just necessary evils to have children!). And Molly? She's adorable! Love these two pictures.

Becky said...

Molli-pop! I love it! I'm starting to agree with you.

wynne said...

Isn't she adorable! I personally love 2-5 year olds. I think they are a scream! But I like lots of things about different ages too. And adulthood children are great because then they can be your friends too.

kacy faulconer said...

Very cute.