Friday, January 4, 2008

It's a blogathon!

I have had so much to blog about from the end of the year, but have had no time to do it until now. I don't know how much I'll get through in this sitting, but at least I'm beginning.

I'll start back in mid-December with the Nutcracker. All of the girls in my family went to a Saturday matinee performance of Ballet West's Nutcracker. Before the show, we all met up at Red Butte Cafe (yum) for lunch. I just loved it! It was so fun to be with all the girls for a group Mommy Daughter date. I don't know how to describe how cute I thought the outing was, and I hope we are able to do it again next year.

After the show, Abigail wanted to take one last look at the orchestra pit, so we lagged behind from the rest of the group. As she and I were leaving, a woman came up to us and offered us two tickets to the backstage after party. It was fun! We got to go up on the stage, where they had punch and cookies, a magician, and some of the main characters there to greet us. They also told us about some random trivia. For example: One performance of the Nutcracker requires enough electricity to power a house for an entire year!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a great tradition! Posey and I went to our first Nutcracker this year and we both loved it as well! How fun to go backstage!!

Catherine said...

That was so much fun! Wow, why didn't I hear about this backstage awesomeness?! That is very cool - right place at the right time.

Unknown said...

I have never seen a family like this family so beautiful walker. congratulations