Sunday, January 6, 2008

Parent Day at the Dance Class

Before Christmas break, Abigail's ballet/tap class had an open house for all the parents to come and watch a class. It was nice to watch her dance, because I have been wondering if she likes it or not. She has taken up complaining before class each week, but then she is happy at the end of the class. I just can't decide if she really "hates" it, "hates listening to the teacher" (like she says each week), or if she just hates changing her clothes and getting ready to go to dance class after school. Anyway, here are a few pics...

This is Abigail's friend Ashlyn from preschool last year.

Nate enjoyed the show.

"No more pictures, please!"

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I remember claiming to "hate" dance class too. It was mostly because I hated changing my clothes to go. The tights itched like crazy, there was no chance of ever getting all that mess down to go potty, and the leotard was always hiking up. Deep down I loved it though - so there you go.

Shelly! said...

I second what Catherine said.

I love the 'mouth of babes' - it is cracking me up!

kelsey said...

so what was your consensus? does she like dancing or really does hate it? she looks awfully cute in her ballerina get up, but then again she always looks pretty dang cute!

Andrea said...

Kelsey,

I'm still not completely sure where Abigail stands on the love/hate scale. She seems to enjoy certain parts of the class and dislikes others. Either way, I've already paid for the costume and recital in the spring, so we'll reevaluate at that point.