In honor of Valentine's Day, here is a small list of things or people I love...
1. Alec. He has a nice, logical, calm response to all my rantings and ravings about life and things I can't control. And he's so thoughtful, always trying to think of the perfect gift or some way of surprising me. This is what he gave me today for Valentine's Day:2. Abigail. She's sweet to her brothers, loves creating things, and seems to say something profound everyday. Abigail wanted to make her Valentine's this year. Since I pretty much forgot about that little project until yesterday afternoon, we had to make do with what we had. Of course, to the five-year-old they were the most beautiful things ever, and she thoroughly enjoyed assembling them and signing her name with a silver marker. And she didn't even care that she was going to be handing out the Costco fruit snacks we happened to have in the pantry instead of candy. I'm glad my kids are still young enough that I can get away with my lazy ways.
3. Owen. He's just so hilarious, and cuddly, and enthusiastic. I also love that when I put him down for a nap everyday he says "I love you." (albeit in his poutiest tone)
4. Nate. He's really happy and kind of scrawny (at least compared to his cousin Will), and I love it when he "sings and dances." Oh, and I'll have to put a video up soon of him in the bathtub. He loves the water, and looks like a little frog in the tub. Here's a few pictures of Nate, since I feel like I never really include him in the blog.
5. Blue eyes. Most of the people I love most have blue eyes. No offense to those of you who don't, I still love you anyway. This is kind of a strange picture, but I thought it was kind of cool.
6. Blogs. Even though I haven't been very attentive to mine lately, I love this easy way of keeping tabs on people.
7. Chocolate. It can get me through so much.
8. The Office, American Idol, and Lost. I miss you, Office.
9. Magazines. I love to read magazines because the articles are short and I can come and go from them easily.
10. Sunsets. They can be so amazing sometimes, and they remind me of my mom. She loved them, too.
I'll just stop at 10. Hope you all celebrate the things you love today!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Things I Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is a great Valentine's gift Alec gave you!! I love it - and I love your list of things. Oh...The Office...tear...it's coming back in April though. Party! Happy Valentine's Day!!
Annie, I love your list. Your kids are so dang cute! I can't imagine where it comes from :). How have we survived without our weekly lectures on life from Michael Scott? I can't wait to have him back. Happy Valentine's Day!
what a great idea. i might have to poach it for my blog and do it a day late. hope you had a great day!
The Office...please come back to us! I miss our nightly dates. I miss our laughs, our silly jokes. I miss you as my therapy. You got me through the long endless nights of feeding my newborn. I miss you as the friend I can turn to no matter what is going on in life and you will make me happy again! Office...I'm begging you, please return to me!
I Love Blogs Too! For the exact reasons that you said. I have neglected mine so much lately, and am glad for everyone else being so dilligent.
I miss The Office soooo much. I could always count on laughing out load every week....
Post a Comment