Friday, May 2, 2008

Then and Now

Then...



And now...
So, it's been a few days since our Nathan John turned one. And it's not that we don't love him or that he's the third child or anything, it's just that I can't believe an entire year has passed by! We celebrated with strawberry shortcake and the opening of presents--which of course when you're 1, means a little bit of gift wrap snacking while your older siblings pretty much unwrap everything for you.


This pic is after we took the cake away to cut it. Seriously, once this kid even catches sight of food, it is like a scream fest--or rather a shriek fest--until he is given something to eat. I'm starting to get a complex that I might be starving him.



It's amazing how much little babies change in a year. A year ago Nate wanted nothing more than to be held and cuddled, now he wants nothing more than to not be held and cuddled. He is on the go--doing a traditional crawl (not the commando crawl anymore), cruising around furniture and climbing up stairs.

He claps his hands, waves, signs "more," shakes his head yes and no, says "hello" when he talks on the phone (which he holds up to the top of his head), makes car sounds when he plays with cars, pats your back and says "ahh" when you get a chance for a quick snuggle, and makes shy faces for strangers. He weighs 19 lb. 6 oz. (4th percentile--reinforcing my aforementioned complex about malnourishment), and is 31.7 inches long (91st percentile).
clapping hands

feeling shy

sweet suspenders Grammy sent, to assist in keeping our little skin and bones dressed (see Slim)

making car noises

saying "hello", which really sounds more just like "lo"

Happy Birthday, Nate! We love you!!

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Long and lean! I love it!! Those suspenders are the bomb, and a very clever idea. Happy (belated) birthday Nate!!

Beebs said...

Oh he is SOO CUTE! I love that kid! And the suspenders are awesome!lol I can't believe it's been a year either. He is totally Alec isn't he. But in his eyes I see some Larson as well. What a sweetie!

kelsey said...

you and alec sure do make cute babies!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute boy! I can't believe he is one! Happy Birthday!

Shelby said...

He is such a cute baby. Kelsey is right...you guys make cute kids.

Katie and Kyle said...

Super cute! By the way, in church Kyle said Abby has beautiful eyes. Everyone's right...cute kids!

Karly said...

What a stud! I LOVE THE SUSPENDERS! Happy Birthday buddy!

Lisa said...

I would love to get our little boys together. They are only a few months apart!

Catherine said...

I'm going through withdrawals from your lack of blogging right now! What's the deal?! I'm missing your fun-loving posts.

Lisa said...

I just got Once on Netflix from your recommendation. LOVED IT! Thank you!