I'm sick of the computer. It seems as though every time I sit down in front of it, time suddenly vanishes. The Internet has this mesmerizing mind control over me where I can't seem to remember why I sat down to look something up in the first place. How is it that I sat down at least 45 minutes ago to shop for socks for Abigail, and yet none of my open tabs would indicate this? I have my Gmail inbox up and Google Reader of course. But I also have tabs open for overstock.com (not to find socks, but a leather ottoman I've been desiring) and HGTV's website is open to an article on staging your home for sale (not that I'm moving, just for decorating info from a show I saw). Anyway, my question is this...does this happen to anyone else, or am I just simply absent-minded and hypnotized by the inviting glow of the computer screen?
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
all time stops when I open my browser. seriously, happens every time!
Thank you for explaining my obsession so perfectly!! :)
I'm with you my friend!
Story of my life. No joke! That is my entire work day, and then I wonder what happened to my day. I feel your pain for sure.
I can identify, which is why you'll see me as a sporadic e-mail/blogger friend. I have to limit even opening anything up, cuz once I get started. . .man. I strictly came on tonight to check Abigail's new 'do, let's see how quickly I'm done : )
Post a Comment