Thursday, August 7, 2008

Newport Beach with the Walker Fam

Spending the week at Newport Beach with Alec's family last week was wonderful! Here are some highlights....

Alec's brother, Peter.

Alec's sister, Sarah.

The boys (Alec's Dad, brother-in-law Tyler, and Alec) staking out a prime spot in between the pool and kiddie pool for cribbage and other card games.


Abigail demonstrating the starfish.

Pops taking photos.

Owen hard at work.


Like father like son.

Flying kites.


Searching for shells with Grammy.
The Mud-Slinger.

We tried to get the kids out the wet sand for a photo, but Nate just kept crawling back to the water.


We had so much fun. Can't wait until next time! Thanks, Grammy and Pops!!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Yahoo for the family beach trip. Liza and I have both been mooning over missing our family :)

kelsey said...

looks like you guys had so much fun! thanks for sharing pictures of the trip. it's making me miss my old beach in florida!!!

Lisa said...

Your kids are really just darling! I am glad to see that you have a mud slinger in your family as well. Noah is a mud slinger and eater....

Catherine said...

Ohh...that does look super fun!! I'm glad you guys had a good time, and it looks like the kids loved the beach. I especially love your fancy sun hat. You go girl!! You're a fashionista for sure!!

Beebs said...

Looks like fun!! I barely recognized you in your fancy hat! And I'm just glad those towels with Alec and Owen didn't fall off! Risky picture! lol So jealous you got to go to the beach. Glad you had fun!

Sara said...

Would you believe I've never been to the Newport Beach or Bear Lake...I always remember people talking about vacationing there. How fun! Loooove your hat!

Katie and Kyle said...

Looks like such fun! I really miss being by the beach (it's hard to give it up after 18 years!). Cute pics!

Shelby said...

Oh how I love the beach...

Amanda said...

the beach is the perfect vacation for the kids. throw in a couple plastic dollar toys, some towels and sunscreen and you are set for the whole day. i love it.

so glad you had a great time!

Amanda said...

You are cordially invited to be a fly on my wall any day of the week to see the crumbs on the floor, unmade beds, and hear me be a little snappier than I should be!

Get Margaret and Catherine together one day and can some apricots, peaches or whatever. Good memories!