Sunday, September 14, 2008
First Day of Preschool
Owen had his first day of preschool last week, and he absolutely LOVES it! In order to get a reduced tuition, I volunteer in the classroom once a month. I chose the very first day of school to volunteer, imagining that that might be a good adjustment time for Owen. But, he really couldn't have cared less whether I was there or not, he was totally into checking out the toys and playing with his new "friends." He goes on Monday and Wednesday mornings for 2 1/2 hours. When we sent Abigail out the door for school on Thursday, he whined, "How come my school has to be a patterin {pattern}? Because I want to go everyday like Abby!" I have to admit, that sounded pretty good to me, too. When I went to the grocery store with just the baby the other day (who remains strapped into his seat, and doesn't beg to buy anything), there was one way to describe my feelings....pure bliss. But the little preschool break that we do get, will be nice for both of us I'm sure.
Owen's teacher had me fill out a little questionnaire about Owen's favorite things, and I thought I might share his answers....
What is your favorite food? spaghetti and broccoli
What is your favorite color? black, grey and green
What is your favorite animal? dog, wolf, tiger and dinosaurs
What is your favorite indoor activity? puzzles, blocks and trains
What is your favorite outdoor activity? slides, climbing and sand
What is your favorite book? Go Away, Big Green Monster
What is your favorite nursery rhyme? Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
What is your favorite song? Old MacDonald
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Does Alec ever look at him and say 'Wow, it's mini-me!"?
Cannot believe how fast time is flying.
Am glad to hear that you are getting some pure bliss time. What precious time with Nathan!
I was just thinking the same thing as shelly--I can't get over how much Owen looks like little Alec. Crazy. Loved his answers to the questionaire. So assured of his answers, it sounds like! Love it!
Tell me the secret to getting your kids to put broccoli as their favorite food. I would love to know that secret.
Owens! I love him so much!! He is one of my all time favorite characters. He sees life in a great way and tells it like it is. Hmm...sounds like somebody else in your house? But I enjoy both of them! Too cute and fun!
Aaah - I can identify with those same blissful feelings with Liza in pre-school and only Landon home. He still does plenty of talking, but the one-on-one time rocks. Errands are easier, everything has a happy little glow : ) and yeah - that thoughtful face of O sure looked familiar
Owens!!! He is the best!! I especially loved his answers to the questions - he seems to have lots of favorites. Sounds like me. Never able to decide!
That trip to the grocery store WAS nice! Preschool is great! Owen looks like such a little man.
"patterin", love it! He is the cutest little man:)
You have the cutest kids. I love seeing all the pictures. You match the music so well too! I love your songs. :)
I agree with shell I have seen that look on many a cousins faces.
We have awesome cousins for moms too. I enjoy the communication and am getting to know everyone better. I love it!
Post a Comment