Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I'm sitting at home passing out candy while Alec is out with the kids. It's nearly 7:30, and I've only had 3 knocks so far. Sad. I swear we had way more than this last year! I guess I'll have to be pigging out on more Halloween candy than I thought.

This year we have a teddy bear, a frog, and a spider at our house. Nate is crying because he is addicted to candy and couldn't stand not to have a piece of it on his way out the door. Of the less than 10 words he says, candy or "cai" is one of them. And as of late, he says it more than all the other 9 words combined.
Oh, there's my 4th knock at the door! Gotta go.

9 comments:

kelsey said...

yay! you're back! i was worried you were finished with blogging. your kids look dang cute--i love that nate is crying!!

Brooky said...

Andrea,
Way cute costumes! I don't even stay home anymore to pass out candy, because no one comes to this side of the neighborhood. I gave out to 2 knocks last night. It's so much better going along!

Anonymous said...

They look so cute! I think I had a total of 4 knocks the WHOLE night! I think it's sad too, I remember going door to door for hours! Where have all the trick or treaters gone?!

Becky said...

What cute kids you have. I love your comment about Nate not having a piece of candy that exact moment. It sounds sooo familiar.

Sara said...

i always feel like a stick in the mud when i tell the kids they can only have a couple pieces a day...but they would definitely eat it all if i didn't:) such cute costumes!

Sarah said...

poor candy addict Nate. Landon was done after about 5 houses because he just wanted to stop and eat what he already had. Luckily, I just bribed him along with candy to eat while we walked (Liza ran).

Catherine said...

Good times!! They all look soooo cute! And Owen's definitely got that "scary" thing down. Haha! Too bad you didn't have more trick-or-treaters, but definitely good because now you have more for yourself. :)

Beebs said...

I like the feminine touch on the bear costume! Good idea! And you'll have to check out Will on my site right before he headed out the door. A niece piece of cai in his hand! Love that age, so rational! Oh and we were way down on our trick treaters this year too. We have SOOOO much candy! Next party we can do a pinata!

Amanda said...

cute costumes! Poor Nate crying. What a sweetie.