Once upon a time there was a little boy named Owen, who was turning four years old. Everyday for weeks leading up to his birthday he would explain that in order to have a birthday, you have to have people hiding in the dark to yell "SURPRISE!" at you. His mother and father really wanted to make this birthday wish expectation come true. Luckily, Grammy, Pops and the Walkers 2 were willing to play along.
On the big day, the guest of honor was taken by his father to pick out some birthday balloons. (Because what birthday is complete without balloons?) While away from his home, the special surprise guests snuck into Owen's bedroom to hide in the "dark". Upon returning from his balloon errand, Owen opened his bedroom door and was in fact surprised by his surprise, despite the fact that he "knew that was going to happen."
The birthday boy also requested a pinata (oddly like a thirty-year-old I know...uhem...Mary...). The pinata was of course to be a dinosaur.
And the day was topped off with peanut butter pie for the peanut butter addict. (Seriously, Owen would and could eat peanut butter at every meal and every snack of everyday if he could.)
p.s. This photo was my great plan to attach to all the thank-you cards I was going to send out after Owen's birthday. Yeah, I never quite got around to that. So, in this, the digital age...Grandpa, Gail, Grammy, Pops, and Walkers 2:
Friday, August 14, 2009
February Festivities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love this post. You're so clever to write it reminiscent of a story. Makes me wish I could've been there. I'm cracking up at Owen's (and other children's) wishes/expectations. Glad to see that his was one that could be accomplished. :) oh - and the thank you picture is super cute!
Post a Comment