Monday of last week was Abigail's first day of second grade!! We've made it one whole week and she is still loving every minute of it! And if the last two years are any indication, she will continue to love it until the bitter end. She has team teachers again this year. One of the women is in our ward, which Abigail thinks is just wonderful (as do her parents).
She also started piano lessons (provided by yours truly). I was worried that she didn't enjoy her first lesson very much--she acted a little more silly than she would with a regular teacher, and I a little more impatient than with a regular student. I was having second thoughts about teaching her myself, but everyday since the lesson, the first thing she asks to do is practice the piano. So, I guess that is a good sign!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Abigail's First Day of Second Grade
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
it's nice to have you back in the blogosphere and getting to see your cute kids again!
look at her cute outfit, i love the polka dots and leggings- she's your oldest right? good for you for teaching your own kids piano... i tried that once with addy and she didn't take me seriously, so now every week her and landon whine about going to lessons elsewhere... i'm hoping one day i don't regret the struggle we go through constantly as i insist that they have a little talent cultivation in their lives:)
(addy is 11/sixth grade, landon is almost 10/fourth grade, oliver is 5/kindergarten, tade is almost 2, and charlie is due december third)
yahoo for school. yahoo for you.
hope you've had fun at the beach!
So cute, I love the leggings. Girl clothes are so much more fun to buy I'm finding :)
I LOVE Nickel Creek by the way!
Post a Comment