Thursday, August 13, 2009

Okay, it's time for me to break the silence and get back on the saddle. I don't know why I haven't blogged lately. I'm not on Facebook or Tweeting or whatever else people are doing these days. I just haven't been feeling the whole blogging mojo. But, tonight I find myself home alone--Alec has taken the big kids to a drive-in movie, my Tivo "Now Playing List" has run dry, and I find myself feeling an itch to blog. So here goes nothing.

Most people tell me I should just start from today and move forward with my posts. My brain won't let me do that though. There are way too many fun memories to leave behind without posting about them. Based on the photos from my camera, we have a major trip down memory lane ahead of us....

For spring break this year we drove down to SoCal to spend the week at Alec's parents' home. It was wonderful enjoying the sunny weather before spring really hit here in Utah. And as always, the kids loved seeing their grandparents whom they adore. Here are some of the highlights:

Nate wore his sunglasses practically the entire time, and loved driving around in the Cozy Coupe.

Owen and Abigail loved "fishing" in Grammy and Pop's pool. (Yes he is in his underwear.)


We saw Monster vs. Aliens in 3D.


We went to the California Science Center. Totally fun and totally FREE (except for Alec's highwire bicycling--Abigail was actually the one who wanted to do it, but wasn't tall enough).


Granny Goose (Alec's grandmother) hosted an Easter egg hunt at her home...always fun.


The Easter Bunny also came to Pops and Grammy's house.

And of course we enjoyed lots of time outside having picnics, playing at the park, going for walks, and this shot of us being amazed by Owen's stomp rocket he picked up at the science museum. Of course one of the rockets eventually ended up on the roof. Pops just lifted Abigail up there to walk and get it. I think I about had a heart attack.

Every time we go to California I always wish we could go more often and stay longer. I am so grateful to Alec's parents for being such loving and supportive people. We are definitely blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives and our children's lives.



4 comments:

Karly said...

What does my google reader eye spy? YAY a new post! You should get on facebook... fun times. Anyway such cute pics and WELCOME
BACK!

Hilti said...

YAY!!! :) Cute pics. The kids are growing up so quick!

Holly said...

We are so glad that you are back. Grandparents are the greatest people in the world. So glad you had a great trip. Not so patiently waiting for more.

Sarah said...

That's awesome. You're back -AND you're filling us in. Double bonus. Sounds like the trip was a perfect spring break getaway. I 'm cracking up at the part about Dad lifting Abigail onto the roof. I can imagine your near heart-attack :)