Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Super Nate

I decided I should do a brief update about each of the kids (since it's been awhile). I'll start with Nate, since I think I sent him to time-out the most today (first it was for throwing train tracks at Owen, then later it was for sticking his tongue out at me, and some other infraction I can't recall at the moment--most likely hitting someone) and therefore, I should try and say something nice about him...

Really, truly I do love the kid to bits. He is so happy. All. the. time. It's hard not to love that about someone. Sometimes that's what's so maddening about him. You're never quite sure if he knows he's done something wrong--he just keeps smiling!
He loves to make everyone laugh, and I'm not sure he knows yet that he is really funny. He has the most infectious smile, and he is definitely the most talented at giving hugs and kisses of all the kids. (Watch out, future ladies.)
As you can see, he loves his little sister. I know it looks dangerous, like he might let her slip or choke her, but just roll with it, they're practically the same size.

Nate has been the baby for awhile, until just recently being dethroned, so I think he gets away with more than his fair share of things. Plus he's on the short side (Alec and I call him "midge" behind his back). After I helped him get dressed again after using the potty, and then Alec proceeded to spoon feed him his dinner last night, we looked at each other like, "What are we doing? He's three!" (Note: we don't spoon feed him all the time, just when we're sick of listening to him whine, and we just want to be done with dinner. You know.)

But at the same time, that still seems so little to me. Some days I hope he stays this little forever, and never quits saying things like "pewgrit" for computer, or "Super-Nate to the E-RESCUE!!" Or to complete strangers, "hey guys!" Or waving and yelling after the UPS man, "THANK YOU!"

Here's to the unstoppable Super-Nate!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this post! Why? Because I can't get enough of Nate! He is the happiest kid- and I love his "hey guys!" and his "did you saw that?". He is so funny! Here's to Super Nate!

kelsey said...

oh i love this! i want to meet him! Super Nate to the E-Rescue! classic.

Catherine said...

I think he is the happiest kid I've ever met. Watching him open his birthday presents and cards was about the happiest thing on earth. Steve and I still talk about how happy and polite he was! And I pretty much feel like I'm going to be spoon feeding my kids still when they're 3. LOL! I'm loving your posts! Keep it up.

wynne said...

I have heard nate stories from Grammy so I know I would like him. He is adorable and I think it is hard to resist happy loving boy, especially if they are 3!

Christa said...

Cute Nate... Will misses getting to see him at nursery. Little Miss Molly is so dang cute and chunky! And I do remember that violinist at Kanye, she was crazy! How you head bang and play at the same time is totally beyond me...