Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dancing Queen

"There are short-cuts to HAPPINESS,
and DANCING is one of them."
-Vicki Baum
Dance has always been something that I enjoy. I love watching it, and once upon a time, I loved doing it (I probably still do, I just haven't done it in a very long time). Last week was the last day of Abigail's summer dance class. All the parents were invited to attend to see what the children had been working on. It was so much fun to see Abigail twirl and leap around the room, all the while, stealing glimpses of herself in the mirror. More fun than watching her dance, was seeing how much joy she gets from it. She really seems to love it, and can't wait to start up again in the fall.

The students were also encouraged to bring a friend to dance with them during the class. Abigail brought her friend Kate. Unfortunately, Kate was feeling too shy that day to get up and dance. Owen, however, was ready and willing to take her place. I can't decide if the joy Owen felt was from the dancing, or just being able to run around in the big room, instead of sitting quietly in the doorway and watching. Either way, dance class brought him joy as well.



4 comments:

Catherine said...

Ahh...dance. It doesn't get much better than that. Abigail is lookin' like a natural. And Owen...CUTE! I especially love his hat:)

Mary said...

That's too fun! I too enjoyed seeing the hat, and being able to "hear" Abigail laughing. She looks beautiful. Wouldn't that be nice if I could still bust those dance moves out?

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you're blogging. Looking at these pictures and getting updates on your life is fun! Abigail looks great :) It's in her blood, right?

Catherine said...

I love your new format! It is very nice! And yes, Steve would LOVE to go down the Alpine Slide with Abigail again sometime:)