A couple of weekends ago we went on our 2nd summer vacation. This time it was with my family--my dad, all of my siblings, their spouses, and children. It was a lot of people! There were 34 of us in all, over half of which were babies and children....slightly overwhelming, yet fun all at once.
We went up to Midway, Utah to Zermatt Resort and Spa. The resort is about a year old, and really nice. There were tons of activities to do, and lots of beautiful scenery to look at. It was nice to have the feeling of getting away, but only having to drive a couple of hours to achieve it. Alec went golfing, I got a pedicure and went shopping with my sisters, the kids went on pony rides, and lots of other fun was had.
I must thank my sisters, Catherine and Margaret, for all these photos. We did not have our camera on the trip because Alec had lent it to a friend, which is another post for another day.
One of the most unique things I did on the trip was to take an hot air balloon ride. Though some of the group were too chicken to do it, I can honestly say I wasn't afraid at all. It was totally relaxing. Slowly going up and floating around was very peaceful. As the pilot of the balloon put it, "We just go wherever the wind blows us." The most exciting part was landing the balloon. I had no idea that the landing spot would be so unpredictable. You could land in a farmer's field, parking lot, or a subdivision. Our particular ride landed in the drive-thru of an ATM. Kind of funny and fun! I was just grateful we were able to land there, instead of in the dog run of the rottweiler, just on the other side of the fence.
There was also an indoor/outdoor pool connected by a channel. The kids of course loved spending time in, or in Owen's case, around the pool.


Monday we went over to Park City for the Alpine Slide, pizza at the Red Banjo, and shopping at the outlets. Alec had to stay back at the condo and work, but at least the boys were able to get a good nap in. Catherine's husband, Steve took Abigail down the slide. She was way more excited to go with him than she was to go with me, and I was just as happy to sit at the bottom with my sisters and babies. For those unfamiliar with the Alpine Slide, it is sort of in the spirit of a luge or bobsled. You take a ski lift up to the top and then head down the track on a sled.




4 comments:
Oh, it was so fun! After a few long days back at work I am really missing Zermatt with everybody. And Owen looks so cute on the horse! Giddy-up! Love you girl!
How fun! We went up to the Alpine Slide while we were in UT as well, and the kids loved it. What a great trip for you guys!
your description of the hot air balloon ride makes me want to go on one, too! I'm sure your post would have been different had you landed on the other side of the fence - scary! glad you had fun
Oh what fun we had! And yes, we are not chickens! We conquered our hot air ballooning fears and lived to eat our glazed donuts and juice! :-)
Post a Comment