Monday, July 16, 2007

Yard Work

Right now our yard consists of rocks, dirt, and a patio. Oh, and a sprinkler system, thanks to Adam, Alec's friend from work. Slowly, but surely, the landscaping is coming along. Hopefully one day in the not too distant future, I will be posting the "after" pictures of our lawn and budding trees. Mind you, this may be the smallest yard known to man, but hey, it's our first little piece of land. After living in apartments and condos, we are just grateful to have a little outdoor space to call our own. And even though the neighbors' walls are awfully close, at least we don't have to actually share them and hear and smell everything they do.

On Saturday, Alec and the kids went out to remove yet more rocks from the yard. This pleased Owen to no end. Digging in the dirt and throwing rocks in a wheelbarrow? Owen's idea of a good time. I hope he has the same enthusiasm for weeding one day.

3 comments:

Beebs said...

Wow! You have been mighty busy blogging. No wonder you didn't call me today to recap. :-) I likey! All the stuff you have done looks so fun. You really are busy! See...when you write it all down it is a lot! Love ya!

Amanda said...

Annie!
I'm so sad we didn't get to see each other. Owen and Ian sound like kindred spirits...with the putting rocks in a wheelbarrow all day.

Amanda said...

Annie!
I'm so sad we didn't get to see each other. Owen and Ian sound like kindred spirits...with the putting rocks in a wheelbarrow all day.