The latest fun activity at our house is getting in your swimsuit, and getting wet! We don't have any fancy water guns or anything. So far everyone is content with just your run-of-the-mill squirt bottle and watering can. It didn't start out with such happy beginnings though. The first time they did this, they were in their clothes and I got really upset about how sopping wet they were. Then I asked myself, "Why am I fighting it?" (Do you ever realize you are a fighting a battle with your kids that is completely not worth it, and you don't know why you are fighting it?) So, instead of being such a grump, I decided to try my hand at being fun-loving. (: After lunch I get them in their swimsuits (or as Owen says it: "swimsoups"), let them drench each other, wear each other out, and them call them in for nap/rest time. This is where the fun and games end, however, because the mere mention of nap time usually elicits a reaction such as this....
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Fun in the Sun
The latest fun activity at our house is getting in your swimsuit, and getting wet! We don't have any fancy water guns or anything. So far everyone is content with just your run-of-the-mill squirt bottle and watering can. It didn't start out with such happy beginnings though. The first time they did this, they were in their clothes and I got really upset about how sopping wet they were. Then I asked myself, "Why am I fighting it?" (Do you ever realize you are a fighting a battle with your kids that is completely not worth it, and you don't know why you are fighting it?) So, instead of being such a grump, I decided to try my hand at being fun-loving. (: After lunch I get them in their swimsuits (or as Owen says it: "swimsoups"), let them drench each other, wear each other out, and them call them in for nap/rest time. This is where the fun and games end, however, because the mere mention of nap time usually elicits a reaction such as this....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This is perfect for Owen, especially since he is the walk around the pool and hang out kind of guy. He probably does much better and non-submersion water fun!
Post a Comment