Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Off to Kindergarten



This morning began earlier than it has for a few months now. My little alarm clock (baby Nate) woke me up at 6:45--perfect timing for a feeding and a shower before needing to help my other little alarm clock, Abigail, get ready for her first day of school. Although she didn't need much help, because she was dressed and ready to go before I got out of the shower. We walked her to the bus stop at 8:00, and she was off to KINDERGARTEN! She was VERY excited, and I don't think she was nervous at all until the bus actually pulled away. Or maybe that was me that was nervous.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Andrea, my mom told me you have a blog, so I'm excited to look at all your past entries and get to know you and your kids better. I'll be checking in regularly, so I hope you don't mind. I can't believe Abby is already in kindergarten! Wow.

Beebs said...

Ah Abby!!! She looks so cute! You didn't even mention, did you shed a tear? Cause I know I was bawling the day Matthew left for kindergarten, I was also pg, but hey! I only shed a slight tear for 1st grade. Sending them out into the big world all by themselves. I can't believe they are old enough!

kelsey said...

i was browsing shelby's blog and saw the new link to your blog. i also can't believe abby is in kindergarten! she looks so much bigger and older than when i saw her last! glad to have another blog to peruse every once in a while. i'm way impressed by your layout and all the cool stuff you have. i may have to take some lessons from you!

Anonymous said...

I am really quite excited that Abigail's first day of school was such a success. I'm sure they will eventually get around to singing some songs and doing a little movement! How grown up she is to ride the bus on her first day- way to set a perfect precedent in how it is done... Before you know it she and Kate will be walking to the bus stop without adult supervision. Thanks for sharing!!!

Catherine said...

Kindergarten AND the bus?! Wow! That is quite the big step. She looks so grown up posing by the door. I always love how kindergarten kids backpacks are always about as big as they are. Cute Abigail!

Amanda said...

She looks so grown up...the pig tails, backpack, TAKING THE BUS!! How fun, enjoy this year when they only go half a day! Great talking to you last week as well!