Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Once

Alec and I are pretty regular watchers of the film critics, Ebert and Roeper. When they first reviewed the movie Once Alec was intrigued. Then at the end of 2007, both Ebert and Roeper listed Once as one of their top 10 movies of the year. So we watched it and L O V E D it!

{Disclaimer: We honestly didn't know it was rated R when we watched it, and found out just tonight that it was. So if you're opposed, now you know. And not to justify it or anything, but it is rated R for some F-bombs and that is it.}

Anyway, I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who may be interested in seeing this film, so I won't say too much about it, other than I really, really liked it and so did Alec. It is only about an hour and half long, and if you can't understand what they are saying with the thick Irish accents at the beginning, don't give up, it gets better. If for nothing else, you should see it for the music. And also so you can discuss the story with me.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I've heard so many good things about this movie, and I love the soundtrack- especially Fallen from the Sky and Falling Slowly! I think if you recommend it then it must be good!

Beebs said...

I rented it on the unbox! Now it's getting the time to watch it. And was one of the songs up for an academy award? Or one it? I don't know why I think that but I do.

Lisa said...

I am adding it to my Netflix now!

Cheri said...

Andrea,
I love your blog. I especially love the song Ordinary Miracles. I hope that you don't mind that I copied you and added it to my blog. I love Sarah McLachlan.
I love being in touch with family and seeing what's going on with everyone. Your kids are darling. I got married so late in life that it is strange to see all my 2nd cousins having kids older than mine but I love it! It's fun to see. When they get older I have some good stories about Grandpa Gene that I can tell them. LOL He used to set me on the fridge at Grandmas house and not let me down. I was so little it was really high!!! Sorry for the story and long comment but I'm excited to find some more cousins and say hi.