Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Alec!

Alec is 31 years of age today. Although I have only known him for 12 of those 31 years, I would like to share 31 things I like, love, adore about my hubby.


1. He is calm and rational.

2. He knows a lot of "true facts and information" (that's what Abigail likes to say).

3. He is passionate about the Spurs.


4. His enthusiasm about life is contagious.

5. He bought a head lamp to read with, so he wouldn't bother me with his late night reading in bed.

6. He can read a book in like a day. (I can never keep up with updating his current read on the blog.)

7. He likes to cook and is good at it, too.

8. He does the dishes after I make dinner.

9. He loves to listen to music and make special CD mixes.

10. He is friendly and outgoing.

11. He has surprised me so many times with gifts and special outings, that I have completely lost track.

12. He enjoys shopping for clothes for the kids.

13. He is silly with the kids.


14. He's not afraid to take care of a newborn baby.


15. He lets me beat him at Scrabble.

16. He gets the kids ready for Church on Sunday mornings so I can actually do my hair (sometimes) and makeup, and still be early for Primary.


17. He cleans up barf in the middle of the night (with his handy, dandy head lamp).

18. He's always willing to pick up McDonald's on the way home from work if I'm not able to get to the grocery store.

19. He never gives me a guilt trip.

20. He likes watching American Idol and Extreme Home Makeover with me.

21. If I give him a honey-do list, he always accomplishes it (and without much grumbling!).


22. He arranges for a babysitter so that he can take me on dates.

23. He's my sounding board.

24. He always writes a thoughtful card or note on special days (i.e., birthdays, Valentine's, Mother's Day, anniversaries).

25. He is the packing master--he has expert skills at finding just the right configuration for things to fit in a trunk, a closet, or a suitcase.

26. He loved my mom and misses her with me.

27. He makes me laugh every single day.

28. He has fun teasing people, but knows when to stop.

29. He's confident.

30. He is tall, dark, and handsome.


31. He loves me unconditionally, is a wonderful father, and is my best friend. Happy 31st, Alec!





6 comments:

Beebs said...

Love it!! Happy Birthday Olec! I laughed at every little thing you wrote because those are all the things I notice about him too. I love his head lamp! It's just so him! And I love to hear his bits of true facts and information. But especially I like to know his opinion because he is really good about having one and usually it is the right one. And yes, I have never seen anyone read like him in my life. I still remember coming back from Hawaii in the middle of the night and of course being 8 months pg or whatever I was, I couldn't sleep in my wedged seat on the plane. Alec stayed up the whole night reading a book with the head lamp!! It was shocking to me. Everytime I would look at him over the seat he was totally engrossed! But he would stop long enough to at least amuse me with listening to my comments and fears about the turbulence on the plane because no one else was awake to listen to my crap! Anyway, he is an awesome guy!!!

Amanda said...

Love the head lamp, burp cleaning up, date finder, sound board husband you have! This list reminds me of my T....wish we lived closer so we could double date! Hope Alec has a great birthday! I'm so glad you have such a great husband and father to your kids!

Shelly! said...

I loved, loved, loved this post. I feel like I get to know you and Alec a bit more everytime I open this blog. Thank you for taking the time to do it. And for marrying my cousin. I love being part of your family.

Alec - Happy, happy birthday. I read these comments and smiled at the wonderful man you are. I'm glad I get to be part of your family and even more glad of the time we get (every once and a while) for me to know you better.

kelsey said...

Happy Birthday Alec! Great list Andrea. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful things about Alec.

Lisa said...

What a wonderul husband! I think that you might love him just a little...

Shelby said...

What an old fart! (That is meant for Alec to read himself.)